Thursday, September 21

Ads



One thing I find hard to get used to is this type of ads, that you can find in some newspapers in my country. Can humans be advertised as pieces of meat? Some of the things these ads say are: "renovation every ten days", "very young", "recently initiated", "different nationalities"... What's "renovation" supposed to mean? A woman is used for 10 days and after that period of time she needs to be replaced with a new model? A younger version? Should our media accept money from any type of business?? I don't think so.

2 comments:

Susan said...

You know, I think the pendulum of personal freedoms has swung to the far left in Spain, at least for now. After such control over person liberties under Franco, I think Spain, as a nation, is just working it out. But I know what you mean...can't even get on the bus without seeing a naked woman plastered on the side of the bus stop advertising body lotion.

Nuri said...

Hmm... interesting, but I'd say under Franco we had no liberties and now, we do. No far left. Just liberties. What I have problems with is the legislation about prostitution and advertising it in Spain. One thing is body lotion, but to try to sell a human being in this way... I know prostitution will never disappear, but can we just treat people like meat??