Friday, August 8

Conversations with a 6 year old


F is a friend of my daughter Alicia, she'll turn 6 next week. I picked her up and we both headed to the cinema, where my husband was waiting with our girls. I had an interesting conversation with F while we were walking.

F -"You know, commercials on tv sometimes are not true."
Me -"Yeah, most of the time they lie..."
F -"But sometimes they tell the truth, my mom uses a shampoo that's on tv and it's good."
Me -"Which one is it?"
F -"It's that shampoo that's so good you can't keep your hands off your head.. (she says in all seriousness) It's only for grown-ups. I can't use it because my skin is too sensitive. My mom doesn't have sensitive skin."

And then adds:
-"I like your shoes..."
-"Thanks!"
-"They're witches' shoes"
(thanks??)

2 comments:

Buffalo said...

Why are you wearing witch's shoes?

James Shott said...

Kids that age are a real trip.

You never know exactly what's going to come out of their mouths.

Their perspectives are usually quite unique.

And, why are you wearing witch's shoes?