Tuesday, November 25

Storytelling

I have to choose a story to tell in class. A children's story, but my audience will be adults (university). I'm finding it hard, because I'm used to reading stories to my daughters, but they're 3 and 6 years old and are far from being an intimidating audience. I can be silly with them, but will I feel confident telling a story to a group of adults, knowing that it actually is a test??? AAAAHHHH!!! I initially thought of telling the story of the Cow that went oink as an example of the good thing about learning languages, but I'm not sure it will be good enough. Any suggestions? Any stories that you think might work?... HELP!

3 comments:

Laura(southernxyl) said...

If you like doing a lot of different voices, you could do the Billy Goats Gruff.

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/type0122e.html#gruff

Buffalo said...

There's nothing wrong with being silly in front of adults. Everyone needs a chuckle, learning should be fun, and we're all over sized kids.

Don't know how it would work, but I surely like "Green Eggs and Ham". But I would eat them either here or there.

Nuri said...

I love them! And I had never heard neither of them! I'll definately use them. The story of the Green Eggs and ham on youtube was specially funny!