Monday, April 23

A little bit of anything


1-I never thought I'd sign books, but I did! I'm the co-author (along with 7 other people) of a book about my hometown. So yesterday we all went to the book presentation. I didn't expect people to actually ask me for an autograph! LOL... Later my daugther watched me on this platform where my boss was giving a short speech and she said to my husband: "When will they give mom her prize?"
2-Today is Sant Jordi (Saint George), the most celebrated festivity in Catalonia. Men are supposed to get books from their girlfriend/wife and women get roses. If you're lucky, you get both. So far, I have a single rose... more about it on a next post! We're going for a walk and I'll take some pictures.
3-I read in El Pais that Ratzinger (the pope) stated that "hell exists and it is eternal". His predecesor said hell was not a physical place, but he seems to need to restore our image of fire and a red devil with horns and such... I've always been afraid of the devil, and I blame it on my catholic upbringing. To this day, whenever I'm especially stressed and worried, I dream of if!!! Can you believe it? I should bring charges against the Vatican for that!

7 comments:

James Shott said...

Nuri, congratulations on publishing your book. I've published a lot of my writing, but never an entire book!

And don't despair, if I were there I would give you a rose, even though I'm not your boyfriend/husband.

You could bring charges against the Vatican, and if you were in the U.S., you could sue, and probably win a lot of money.

Buffalo said...

Pretty neat stuff, Nuri. Congratulations!

I remember a couple of nightmares during my childhood that were induced by hellfire and brimstone sermons. I don't think a priest can hold a candle to a holy roller preacher when it comes to scaring kids.

Winfred Mann said...

Nuri,

Congratulations on publishing your book. "The Devil Made You Do It!' Ergo, your claim against the Pope and Hell is upheld. I award you a gizallion, of what I don't know.

Good luck with your future writing.

WM

Nuri said...

Thank you all! It's not exactly literature, but I'm glad I worked on this project. WM, what exactly is "a gizallion" ??

Winfred Mann said...

Nuri,

A gizallion is the amount that Alice received from her encounter with the "Wicked Witch of the West."

OK, I made it up. {;>O]

WM

Abha Malpani said...

Hey you wrote a book! which language is it in? and what does it talk about? what is it called? And you are back to blogging!

Nuri said...

Abha, I just wrote a few pages actually (there's seven people involved). It's in Catalan, and it's about my hometown, with lots of pictures. Not the type of book you'd read!