Friday, April 27

Some people give others what they want for themselves, right? I admit sometimes I've bought presents for others I liked, it's a bit like Homer Simpson in that episode where he gave his wife a bowling set. Well, my father is the highest exponent of this type of present-giver. He has alredy bought for my mother a tv set, a DVD, and, not long ago,a Thermomix. Needless to say, He is the one who watches more tv and records programs on the dvd. He just loves to explore new appliances, and the more buttons, the better. Now he's exploring the Thermomix, and has alredy made 100 variations of the same cake, playing chef and driving my mom crazy...
On another note, I'll be alone with the girls for 5 days. My husband left for
this race in Morocco (he doesn't take part in it, he'll be just reporting from there). I wish I could go too!

3 comments:

James Shott said...

I can readily identify with your father's obsession for gadgets and his preference for gift selections. :-)

The Thermomix is quite a gadget; where can I get one?

Is your husband a reporter?

Nuri said...

James, you wouldn't believe all the gadgets my father has bought over the years!
Try visiting this site for Thermomix (I think it's a German company): http://www.vorwerk.com, and click where it says "our countries"...
Yes, my husband is a reporter...

Anonymous said...

haha this is funny, your father's wise.

ask your mom to do the same to your dad too. and don't forget to inform us what happened, alright? 8-)