Friday, November 23

I'm a crappy blogger. I think it's a curse that I decided to start a blog in ENGLISH. I chose this language because 90% of the blogs I visit are written in English and it also gave me a chance to practice. BUT everytime I write I feel so uncertain... Am I choosing the right words?? Are they spelled correctly? Grammar mistakes??? I don't want you to tell me my writing is ok, I'm just explaining how I feel. I'll try to post something everyday, see how it works... even if it's only a photo. It's almost been two months since hubby had a seizure. That makes me kind of anxious... I forgot the whole baptising idea. I honestly can't say I believe in God, even though that would be so comforting. I was reading the Bible but I'm still stuck in the Old Testament. So I feel it would be unfair to force/induce my daughters to believe when I actually have such contradictory feelings about religion.
Lately my work hasn't been so boring. I had to go hunting with some men to write a report, and it was kind of fun... and even better, I had a chance to interview Ma.r.ja.ne Sa.tr.a.pi (I'm writing it this way just in case someone at work googles for her name and finds my silly blog). She's an Iranian cartoonist, living in France, and comes from a very liberal family. She's straightforward, looks you in the eye and can be quite intimidating. I have the feeling she says exactly what she wants and hates political correctness. I actually have her first books and it was really interesting...
Tonight we're going to a party hosted by our company... But we're like Cinderella, we'll be back home around midnight!!! (hubby is not supposed to stay up so late...)

3 comments:

James Shott said...

Hi, Nuri.

I'm going to tell you this, even though you said you didn't want this type of comments.

I think you write well, especially in view of the fact that it isn't your primary language. I speak only one language, and couldn't write in Spanish, or French, or Arabic if my life depended upon it. Occasionally, you say things in an awkward way, but that may be as much a cultural influence as a misunderstanding of the language. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have in that area, if I can.

I like reading about your culture, which comes out in the things you post. It gives me some sense of who you are and what Spain/Catalonia is like.

It seems to me that since your hubby hasn't had a seizure in two months that it a reason for happiness, not anxiety.

I hope you do post more often; I really enjoy your blog.

Buffalo said...

Nuri, I have the same concerns about the things I write. I labor over spelling, grammar, punctuation, and structure. Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I don't and sometimes I delibertly do it wrong.
Punctuation, commas in particular, are my downfall.

James Shott said...

I'll try to post something everyday, see how it works... even if it's only a photo.

You're three days late, Nuri!

I used to try to post something every day, too, but had to give it up. I still like to post everyday, but I ofter have two or three days between posts.