Thursday, May 29

H will be on a soccer tournament for eight days... he'll be leaving tomorrow night on a bus, along with the members of the Catalan team. This tournament is called Europeada. It's a European soccer championship for national minorities. He's with the "Katalans from Spain". I've seen them play, and I don't think they'll get too far, unless, of course, the other teams are even more amateur... That tournament will leave me to handle the Gremlins alone for eight days... shouldn't be too bad. My parents and sister will be off too, on a trip to Italy...



Here's a map of the regions/languages involved in the championship. Click to enlarge, if you're interested in our European ethnic/linguistic chaos...


UPDATE:
They will be playing today (sunday) at 5pm. I do hope they win, ok??? Gosh I felt so mean when I reread this post through Buff and James' eyes :-(

Here's the link http://www.europeada2008.net/

4 comments:

Buffalo said...

I'm guessing it highly unlikely you will be asked to be a team cheerleader?

Nuri said...

HA HA... no, strangely enough, they didn't ask.

James Shott said...

Does H read your blog? Does he realize the level of disdain in which you hold his and his team's abilities?

Nevertheless, Nuri, it's good to see you posting again.

And, I did finally get the Queen Elizabeth email. Hurrah!

Nuri said...

James, he does read this blog sometimes. Don't worry, he's well aware that they won't make it too far... ;-)

Does my comment look so bad? (I didn't mean to be disdainful...)