Saturday, October 10

Busy... and lazy

Busier and lazier...
yesterday I had the chance to actually "teach" for the first time. It was just part of my training, and the "students" were my classroom mates. So there I was, telling them about comparatives and superlatives, how they are formed.... I used a powerpoint presentation, but I relied too much on it, because I was nervous and felt insecure, so it was easy for me to just shield behind the screen and avoid too much eye contact with the class. WRONG. Then I was told the topic I chose was too easy. I'm aware of that, my mistake. Anyway. It was a huge success for me considering that, when I was in high school I was so shy I'd rather fail than make a public presentation. I've realized it's easy to criticize a teacher, but it's so hard to be a good one!

4 comments:

Buffalo said...

Sounds to me as though you are doing very well - and that is a good thing.

James Shott said...

My son just graduated from college. He, too, hates making presentations.

Someone once said that if you picture your audience naked, it supposedly helps you relax.

I suppose that depends upon the audience, though.

Nuri said...

Wow... I don't know if I should try your "trick" James. Is that what you do? :-)

Hmmmm... I might. I'll tell you if it helps!

Wall Lights said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.