Sunday, November 26

The Gandhi Tantrum












Whenever this 22 month old cutie above doesn’t agree with MY rules she just drops to the ground and sits or lies there. Apparently, waiting for me to change my mind. No fuss, no shouting. She just sits there. And I have to drag her. I call it the Gandhi Tantrum. Non cooperation is the strongest form of protest, I’m sure. It must be exhausting to fight someone who isn’t even willing to fight, to begin with. I know, trust me. At times, I’ve felt like those British in India. You have to COME HERE!. Nothing. She’s not interested so She waits. Patiently. Until my little empire falls apart and she can build her little Republic.

4 comments:

Abha Malpani said...

awww such a cutie!

ayla said...

awesome! I have never heard of a child doing that, it's great! I mean kids are going to throw tantrums but at least this way it's easy on the ears. She's adorable!

I can actually imagine her tactics being more effective than screaming... a little baby staring at you, full of self-pity. I'd crumble. I love the name too: the Ghandi tantrum!

Anonymous said...

She's adorable.

Nuri said...

Ayla, she has the other type of tantrum once in a while too. But mostly it's this non-cooperation thing...