Thursday, August 9

Randomness...

1-I'm trying hard to finish a report on songwriters/musicians/artists that perform for children. Does that have a special name in English? (Child entertainers?) I've had to read quite a bit about them, even some American singers who influenced our own artists a lot (in its genesis), such as Pete Seeger. Any thoughts?
2-We're having a couple from Estonia staying with us, a history student and his girlfriend. They came through Hospitalityclub.org. I'm a recent member of this group, since me and my husband enjoy meeting people from other countries... so far so good. They went for a walk in the old part of town and we'll meet them later for lunch...

4 comments:

job5.18 said...

Don't know if this will help at all, but I grew up listening to Pete Seeger. I am 25 years old and my parents were total hippies. Mom and I used to sing "Inch by inch, row by row..." while gardening. It helped to teach me a love of the land and the beaty of the way the environment works together. I still don't like to garden - but I love the song! Mom even had hand gestures to the whole thing. I don't know if those were Pete's ideas or someone else's. I remember listening to "Little Boxes" as a kid. Slowly, over the years, the song took new meaning. At different times in my life it meant different things. These songs inspired me as a kid. Taught me the kind of person I wanted to be and let me know that people were out there who cared about the kid I was. I still love to listen to Pete Seeger. When I have kids, I hope they do, too.

I have other tapes from childhood - I'll look them up and let you know. - Tory

job5.18 said...

A couple more of my favorites: Joe Scruggs (Oh By The Way, Late Last Night), and Cam Waters and the Maquoketones (Aliens Ate My Homework). Not quite as deep as Pete, but still very good! Good luck!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Sorry, I can't be of any help with the child entertainer, Pete Seeger. I remember loving to watch Barney when I was way too old! My sister and I had these sing along movies that we liked to watch, one was called "Grandpa's Magical Toys" till this day I bet I can recite the words to each and every song! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096428/)
(http://www.weesing.com/homepage.htm)
*Hey I posted something that may be of interest to you today :)

Nuri said...

Thank you all, I'll check on Youtube for those songs, I'd love to hear them... Hopefully, I'll be able to concentrate, but I'm guessing it will be harder than usual (see post above)