Tuesday, April 8

Art class



We (I) signed up the whole family for an art class. It's every saturday morning, for three hours, and only during April. The first one was great. Our first job was to paint an animal on our hand. I did an octopus, and I was quite proud of my job. I felt like a kid again, even hoping that our teacher would praise my octopus, but no such luck, she seemed to save all her praises for the kids ;-)
A did something close to a butterfly... and C just put layer after layer of paint on her hand. She just loved seeing new colors appear everytime she put a new color on her hand... All the pictures came out blurred, so no pic of A's hand. As for my husband, I think he was trained too successfully by his mom, and he just wouldn't get his hands "dirty"... HA HA HA
Afterwards we played (there were four families), returned to class, did a small boat out of walnuts and a dolphin using a banana, which we ate too. We had a great day...

4 comments:

Buffalo said...

And a fine looking, happy, octopus it was.

Unknown said...

Wow! That looks like fun.......Your Octopus is awesome!!! I'm partial to butterflies too, tell A I said good job!

James Shott said...

I like the lower one. That WOULD be the octopus, right?

Nuri said...

James, of course it is! Those eyes, the haircut, I don't see how you could doubt... ;-)