Tuesday, June 24

Gardening (nothing wrong, Buffalo, just busy)



A few months ago I planted tomato seeds, strawberries and herbs... The tomatoes are just starting to grow but they're still quite tiny. I had no idea tomato plants made lovely yellow flowers...



I also had the brilliant idea of tipping my daughters when they pick up their toys and tidy the room before going to bed. 50 cents was my top payment and it worked great for a while... until Alicia figured she had enough money to buy a tiny russian hamster. I offered to buy the cage. Yes. And now much of the motivation to clean and help pick things up is at a minimum. (I was so smart) Why couldn't she think of something more expensive to buy, like an apartment??
She loves the hamster (I like it too, I must confess) and at first insisted on letting him/her wander through a bigger cage, like her princess castle: (click to enlarge if you don't see our mouse)



Apparently, life at the castle was too bourgeois for our royal hamster, and he/she decided to flee from the oppression of palace life, knocking the princess down in the process, and headed for the bus stop.



He/she now resides in her tiny cage with a wheel to exercise when the stress of daily life becomes unbearable!

Pst: I might start another career in september, a degree in teaching. I wonder if I'll find the time to study. I've alredy filled the online application. All I need now is to take some papers to the university and... hope I'll be accepted...
School is over now, we plan to stay next month with my parents, at the beach, and late in july we'll travel to Austria...

3 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Sounds like you've been cooking up some big plans. Good for you!

I liked your little hamster story, very cute!

Buffalo said...

Great picture. Great post. Glad all is well in your world.

Susan said...

Congrats on the career change!

-Cairogal