Thursday, June 5

Things about Cristina that try my patience...

1- Finishing a meal takes ages for her. And the food just tumbles in her mouth like in some washing machine. And you know, washing machines have that circular window (whatever that's called), so I get to see the food in her mouth whirpooling... again, and again, and again, until she decides to pull the plug out and let the food go down.

2- She usually demands a very clear answer. If she makes a question and I say "maybe" or "I think so", she gets quite upset and insists on getting a real answer. Which to her is usually YES.

3- She only uses diapers at night, but she feels she's too big for that, and doesn't want them, even though in the morning they're always soiled. So before going to bed I have to be very careful not to use the word "diaper", because that would make her furious. Instead, I say "now let's put this on". This is a diaper. But it mollifies her somewhat if I don't use the ugly word....

But she's cute when she's asleep, isn't she?

3 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Wow! I'm loving all the Nuri posts :o)

My mom ingrained chewing with our mouths closed into my head as a child......it eventually became a pet peeve of my own! I cringe at the sight of someone chewing with their mouth open.

At least in this day and age you can google anything and everything to play the WHY? game!

James Shott said...

My parents were fanatics on manners, especially at the table.

How old is C, 4? Now is the time to discipline her about eating and other basic behavior. Those lessons she will never forget.

Buffalo said...

It has been a while since you last posted. I hope there is nothing wrong.