Wednesday, September 24

Juggling

As I continue with my classes, I've come to face an old fear: speaking in public. I have always been rather shy, or had been, at least, until my job forced me to be bolder. But, speaking in public is still something that terrifies me. A group of nine year olds is one thing, but university students? With a teacher?? I think I'll need to practice and even videotape my "lectures" before speaking in front of the class!! Today we had psychology applied to education and social studies (if my translation is correct). Tomorrow it's pedagogy and English. We'll see... And it doesn't leave me much time for anything else! In the morning it's all about getting the girls ready for school, going to school myself, then to work, lunch, pick up the girls from school...

I'm making new friends, which is also interesting. Two women my age and a younger woman (I think she's in her late 20s) from Mexico.

Please, feel free to correct any mistakes, ok?

3 comments:

Buffalo said...

Public speaking never bothered me. Wish I could offer you some advice, but I can't.

James Shott said...

I've worked in broadcasting, taught in public schools and led organizations, so some public speaking doesn't bother me too much, although I can think of situations that would.

They say that it will put you at ease if you imagine your audience is naked. I've never tried it, but that's what "they" say. ;-)

Nuri said...

Imagining my audience is naked?? Ok, I'll give it a try.