Monday, October 15

Boring/Busy/low


Just a quick update.
Friday was family day. We all went for a family lunch along with my in-laws and other relatives on hubby's side. We were about 40 people, and I know only some of them. Somehow, I couldn't get in the "friendly-family occasions" mode, so to me the whole experience was quite boring.
Saturday was also a family day. We had our routine lunch at hubby's parents. Again, more family, and failed to set myself into "family friendly mode". Before lunch, I decided to go for a cup of coffee near our place. Alone. I don't do this quite often because I don't feel comfortable leaving the girls with hubby alone. What if he had a seizure? The five year old one could be taught to call me, but I'm not sure I should "train" her. Is a 5 year old too young to take that responsibility? Anyway, while I was reading a newspaper and sipping coffee, I decided to call H. I do that when I know he's alone. I need to know he's fine. He didn't pick up the phone. I called again. No answer. So I paid my unfinished coffee and rushed home. I arrived panting and quite scared. To find him shaving. "What, you're here alredy?" He said. "Why didn't you pick up the phone??!" I was angry and relieved at the same time. "It didn't ring", he said, defensively. We checked, and his cell phone was on "silence" mode... I need to learn not to freak out. To take things calmly. I know what I'm supposed to do if he has a seizure:
1-Stay calm
2-Prevent him from injury
3-Turn him on his left side.
4-Wait till it's over.
Somehow, I fail on number 1. Not that I scream or anything, but I have this rush of adrenaline... I get really scared. Tomorrow I'm going to see a psychiatrist! I'm not crazy (I think) but since I told my doctor I didn't want to take antidepressants so fast (I'd rather try to deal with this some other way), he referred me to a psychiatrist, to let him/her decide if I need pills or just some talking therapy... Finally, sunday was also family day, this time my folks. I didn't feel happy either.... Too many relatives for three days...

1 comment:

ayla said...

Sounds like you're going through a tough time chica!

You're a strong woman, just don't forget yourself during this time. It is good you are seeing a psychiatrist- just so can talk and talk and let it all out.

I am wishing you and your family the best.