Wednesday, October 3

He had another seizure on monday. He was having lunch with some co-workers, who know he's epileptic. That was good because they knew what to do, he recovered quite fast even though the nurses in the ambulance insisted on taking him to the hospital to check, because he had hit his head (nothing bad, but they wanted to be sure). Apparently, he forgot to take his morning pill, so that might be the cause of this seizure, but I guess we'll never know for sure. There seems to be a pattern, since he has a seizure every two months (a bit less). Yesterday he went to that mystery French "doctor" along with his father (I stayed with the girls). This time, they "only" had to wait for three hours... Hubby seems to believe that Dr Mystery can be of help, so he'll be going again in late november and this time I'll be going with him. My investigation about Dr Mystery hasn't made any progress. But I'll try again. I need to know more about him.
In other news, I talked to my insensitive co-worker. She seemed to have forgotten the words she used, but admits she was mad at me. She says I've been acting strange, pushing friends away, and kind of pretending everything's ok. Anyway, two of my closest co-workers felt I was just putting some distance... and they were hurt. For some time, I just didn't feel like explaining anything. So I guess I was kind of withdrawn. Just like when my brother asked me if I was ok and I said YES. Just to shut him up.
That was long and boring, I guess. I'll leave you with some pics of our sunday picnic...





Cristina was scared of this bridge, and as you can see, she clings to her big sister...


I don't like posting pictures of me, but it's only fair, since I post pics of everyone else in my family! The three of us had our hair cut short...

4 comments:

James Shott said...

I'm sorry hubby is still having trouble, Nuri. I'm interested in Dr. Mystery, too. Keep us posted on how he treats your husband, and what you learn about him.

I like your photos. I don't know why, but I decided to click on one of them, which shows the pics in their original size, and they are a very large format, which I really like. That gives me a hint for using photos on Observations. Thanks for the tip.

Nuri said...

Thanks. It's not their original size, actually, I resized them, they're half their real size...

James Shott said...

I know. By "original" I meant the size of the photo before you uploaded it. Blogger will only post photos in one of three sizes.

I usually reduce photos to approximately the posted size to save loading time. It hadn't occurred to me that it wouldn't matter how large the uploaded version was, and that by clicking on the photo viewers could get the large version.

I have learned something from you, Nuri. Aren't you proud? ;>)

Rockin' Hejabi said...

It is SOOOO beautiful there! Wow!

It sounds like you are really under a lot of stress. Don't feel weak for taking a short course of antidepressants (3-6 mo's). It doesn't mean you're weak, it means you're taking care of yourself.

Hugs

-Nur