Wednesday, July 16

I don't like parties


Well, most parties. It's my nephew's birthday. There are about 20 people, most of them adults, friends of my brother and SIL's relatives. It's been more than three hours since it started, more than enough for me...

btw, I've been accepted at our university! I'm so excited. I'll talk to my boss tomorrow to tell him about my studying plans. Hope he doesn't object. Most of my classes will be in the morning, which is when I'm working, but I can make up for lost time at home.

4 comments:

Buffalo said...

Congratulations for being accepted by the university. Good for you!

I don't know about the party, but I'd like a big slice of that cake and a cold glass of milk.

James Shott said...

I'm with Buff on the cake and milk, and congratulations on being accepted into the university.

Tutor's comment: "There's about 20 people ..." There ARE about 20 people.

Maybe just an oversight, but "20 people," a plural subject, requires a plural verb.

Hope you don't mind my tutoring on your site.

Good luck, Nuri.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

That's great news, Nuri! I hope it will all work out!

P.S. Now I want cake :o)

Nuri said...

The cake was excellent, that was the best part of the party.

james, I alredy have it right, why do you correct me?.... he he of course I don't mind your tutoring, on the contrary, comments to improve my English skills are more than welcome!