Tuesday, July 8

School again...?


I've been thinking a lot lately about my going back to University... I will know on the 16th if I'm admitted. And then... I'll have to talk to my boss, because all classes are in the morning which is when I'm working, but since all I do can be done from home, I'm hoping he'll agree to let me work in the afternoon/evening/night from home to make up for lost time in the morning. The good thing about my workplace right now is flexibility. So I don't think he'll say no. But, once he says yes I'll have a hard year ahead: classes in the morning, work, pick up the girls from school, take them to swimming, home, dinner and work from home. Study. And exams from time to time. I applied for a degree to teach Englisn in primary school (kids from 6 to 12 years old). It will certainly be a change... but we only live once, and I don't want to see myself working in the same place all my life... If I don't do this now, I feel I'll always regret it. That I never had the guts to try... What do you think?

If you're reading this (or any other post) and see grammatical/spelling mistakes, don't hesitate to tell me!

6 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I've felt somewhat similar lately......I commend you for taking action! I am a little scared of making a giant leap, but I'm getting there.

Buffalo said...

If you want to continue your education you should, by all means, do so. Knowledge and learning is the one thing no one can ever take from you. It also adds new diminsions to your life.

I make too many grammatical and spelling errors to ever point out someone else's.

(Thank goodness for spell and grammar check in Word.)

Nuri said...

Thank you... I hope I don't feel too old surrounded by 18 year old kids :-(

James Shott said...

Good for you Nuri. I admire your desire to further your education.

I don't know exactly what your English professors will expect, but I think you handle the language pretty well. I see an occasional "odd usage," but that might be as much a cultural thing as a mistake.

I have been a writing tutor at a local college. If I can help you at any time, just email me.

Nuri said...

Thanks! What does a writing tutor do?

James Shott said...

A writing tutor works with students one-on-one, either face-to-face, or over the Internet, pointing out weaknesses and errors, and making suggestions for how to improve writing assignments, without "editing" the work.