Friday, July 18

Nervous, restless, excited...

One thing is to plan something and another to actually go ahead with it. the more I come close to my goal of studying for the next three years (because I plan a career change in the future) the less sleep I get! It's almost done now, just formalities ahead. My boss wasn't so thrilled. He suggested I work less hours. I'll do that, but it's going to be rough on our pockets too (we can't have everything can we? ;-)
My co-workers weren't so supportive. They made all sorts of questions, but mostly just looked at me like I've lost my mind. Not that I really blame them. I have two small children, a job and a husband with an epileptic disorder. It's easy to get used to good times, he's been free of seizures for eight months and we're hoping it will stay that way but I'm also hoping our new situation doesn't take a toll on him... but we've talked about it and he says I should at least try. Through all this I've realised once more that my husband is also my best friend. It may sound corny, but it's just the way it is.
By the way, we're going on a trip to Austria this afternoon, if you don't hear from me for the next days it's just that I don't have the time to blog from our destination! I'll try, though...

Take care, all of you!

4 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Awe so sweet....and corny! haha But so what?!?!

I hope you have a wonderful time on your getaway. We are also doing one this weekend!

Buffalo said...

Perhaps your coworkers envy your ambition, courage and drive.

James Shott said...

Your hubby is supportive of your desire to improve yourself, and that can't be a bad thing. The fact that the two of you are best friends also isn't a bad thing. A solid marriage depends upon friendship, I believe.

Nuri said...

Thank you!
Buffalo, a friend of mine said something like that... it hadn´t crossed my mind before