Monday, June 18

Gremlins...


This puzzle should have 1000 pieces, but 4 are missing and it took me quite some time to finish it. I wonder if the Gremlins have anything to do about it....

Speaking about my Gremlins... kids in general seem to have this ability to take the drama out of any situation. The second time their father had a seizure (last december), as I was just by his side and he was deeply asleep (it always happens after a crisis), I guess Alicia could see my worried look so she sat by me and said "You know, I don't think he's dead mom..." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then, one minute after that: "I'm hungry, can I have some breakfast?" Afterwards, she would tell her friends at school that his father died, "but the doctor cured him..." (sigh) In her mind, people only die when they're 150 years old. Doctors cure everything...

3 comments:

Winfred Mann said...

It would be nice if doctors could cure everything.

James Shott said...

I have that same puzzle! Or, I once did.

Sometimes the "wisdom" of kids is a wondrous thing.

And then at other times, it isn't.

Nuri said...

The doctor who attended my husband at the emergency room filled a paper for him to see the neurologist and wrote down "preferent" which meant, she said, that he should have an appointment within the next 15 days. Since I have a good friend at the hospital, she managed to find a spot today at 3pm, and you know what? we just received a letter from the hospital and our "officially" scheduled hour would be next october!!! what the hell?? WM, you might be right about those long waiting lists... Thank God we have a friend there...and anyway, the neurologist told us on our first visit that if anything happened, we should just call him... (sigh)